UNIVERSITY OF UTAH ON CAMPUS USER RATES
(effective August 1, 2023)1
|Small Instrument Rate (Olympus, Polyvar, Vertex, Ellipsometer, Laser Cutter, Magnetometer, Profilometer, Fischione 1060||$25||$12.50|
|JEOL JSM IT200 SEM||$29||$14.50|
|SEM Quanta 600F||$40||$15|
|Teneo Low kV SEM||$40||$20|
|SEM Helios dbFIB||$65||$32.50|
|S/TEM JEOL 2800||$80||$40|
|Potentiostat, Gamry Reference 600+6||$25||$12.50|
|Professional Tech Support||$65|
|Student Tech Support||$23|
|Consumables: Nanoindenter tip for heating stage, cost billed if tip is broken 4||$2,236|
|Manual cutting, polishing or coating, ultrasonic cutter, disk cutter, disk polisher, dimple, Gatan PIPS, PECS, laser mark,||$25/sample|
|Expt'l in-situ TEM||$3206|
Lab users need to cancel their tool reservation prior to their reservation start time to avoid unused reservation charges
- Rates are subject to change
- If you are a for-profit entity using a federal grant or contract to pay for your lab fees you qualify for the off-campus academic rates. Off-campus users who spend >$30k per fiscal year (July 1-June 30) will qualify for the off-campus academic rate for the amount spent over the $30k.
- Overnight rates are to be scheduled Monday-Friday 5:00pm-8:00am and all day Saturday-Sunday
- Nanoindenter – for use of the special xsol heating stage, it is strongly encouraged to have staff use the probe for this stage. If users want to be trained on the use of the xsol heating stage, the user’s PI (or supervisor) would be responsible for replacing the probe if it is damaged during use. The cost is $1,935. Please contact Nanofab staff for more details. This does not apply to normal, ambient use of the nanoindenter.
- The Potentiostat-Gamry 600 reference+ can be checked-out for $25 per day with a 5-day minimum.
- Exper. In-situ TEM: This is a daily (per experiment) use fee (not hourly) with fees listed paying for up to 10 hours of instrument time. This special use case must be coordinated with the lab manager in advance.
- Services are billed at the end of each calendar month.
- Payment is due Net 30 from the date of invoice.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, the lab member will be locked out of the lab.